O&T Business Management Financial Reporting Analyst
Build your career with Bank of Singapore as a Business Management Financial Reporting Analyst in our Operations and Technology (O&T) Department!
At Bank of Singapore (BOS), we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
The Incumbent will:
Form an important part of the O&T Business Management and Governance Team, primarily (but not limited to) covering reporting activities in Financials (both BAU and Project Investment Financials).
The role holder will work closely with Head of Departments, Team Leads, Project Managers etc key internal stakeholders, as well as stakeholders from across Supporting Functions (such as Finance/ Business Planning & Analysis Team and HR).
The ideal candidate should come with strong management reporting/ management information reporting experience within the financial services industry and ideally with some substantial experience within private banking.
- Support O&T Head of Business Management and Governance in all MI initiatives
- Support the annual budgeting exercise for O&T
- Ensure timely delivery of various O&T financials (both BAU and Project financials) reports
- Identify, investigate and highlight major monthly variances and trends, and provide actionable insights to the management team
- Review, develop and enhance MIS reports on an on-going basis to ensure fit-for-purpose and their effectiveness to the recipients
- Perform monthly accruals, including determining accruals from various Ops & IT units and tracking of accruals against actual payments
- Work on various initiatives such as Total Cost Ownership that includes System/Product Cost Classification, Tagging and cost allocation
- Capitalisation and Amortisation of Staff cost based on time booked
- Tracking of Cost savings / Cost Avoidance as part of Cost Management initiative
- Perform Project Accounting including calculations of OPEX and CAPEX Projections
- Drive and support various BAU Cost Management Initiatives
- Bachelor degree in relevant fields
- 8 to 10 years of relevant experience, ideally from Financial services, Technology Business Management and/or MI Reporting Functions
- Advance Microsoft Office skill (especially Excel)
- Prior experience with Reporting Tools would be a plus
- Strong analytical skills with ability to highlight key variances and trends
- Resourceful in data gathering and presenting information in a constructive manner
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and can adapt to the demands of a diverse culture
- Positive attitude and good learning ability with great attention to detail and multitasking
- Good communication skills and comfortable interacting with people at all levels
- Prior experience in private banking domain would be a plus
Bank of Singapore
Bank of Singapore is a wholly owned subsidiary of OCBC Bank, Southeast Asia’s second largest bank. Headquartered in Singapore, Bank of Singapore operates from a strong and open economy. We are one of the fastest growing private banks in Asia, offering a structured and consistent approach - an open architecture product platform with robust research capabilities to deliver a total risk-based solution customised to each client’s needs. As we are strategically positioned to serve our clients across the globe with our network of offices, they also enjoy access to our parent company’s full suite of investment and commercial banking solutions such as financing, insurance and brokerage services.