- The design, development and implementation of applications related changes to agreed timeframes and standards.
- Responsible for peer code reviews to ensure the quality of the code deployed in the application systems.
- Working closely with the Applications team and internal business users to ensure changes are developed in a way that that provides maximum benefit to the company, in a cost-effective and operationally “risk-free” manner.
- Providing assessments on the impact and risk of potential changes to the systems and the business as a whole.
- Creation of concise detailed system specifications for changes that solve business needs, and implementing changes to these agreed specifications.
- Following strict change control and version control processes to ensure quality changes are implemented in an auditable manner.
- Be outspoken in providing “best practise” recommendations.
- Proactively suggest ways to reduce operational overhead by “streamlining” manual tasks into automated procedures.
- Providing application support to the Operations team whenever necessary
- 4-6 years of Java/J2EE programming experience is mandatory
- Oracle ADF/BPM is preferrable
Energy Market Company Pte Ltd
Energy Market Company Pte Ltd (EMC) operates Singapore’s wholesale electricity market – Asia’s first liberalised electricity market. The National Electricity Market of Singapore (NEMS) opened for trading on 1 January 2003.
EMC completes the connection between those who make electricity in Singapore and those who use it. All of Singapore’s electricity is bought and sold through us. EMC is like the stock exchange for electricity, providing the IT systems, the trading environment and the governance for the market.
Energy Market Company is involved with all three areas of the governance process - rule-making, compliance and dispute resolution. The rule-making process is the responsibility of the Rules Change Panel, which is appointed by the EMC Board. The Market Assessment Unit of EMC provides support to both the Market Surveillance and Compliance Panel and the Dispute Resolution and Compensation Panel.
We are committed to working with market participants to ensure a transparent, professional and cost-effective market. We have a bright and enthusiastic team, combining the skills and experiences of experts from Singapore and throughout the world.