Linear Programmer (Statistical Programmer)
- Application support for in-house application for the trading industry
- Using Statistical and optimization tools and techniques along with programming for issue analysis and resolution
- Coding, debugging, unit testing, user acceptance testing, user training
- Open to fresh graduates from Singapore universities only
- Degree/Diploma in Operations Research, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Power Systems
- Good programming skills in Python, Machine Learning and Visual Basic/Java
- Should have worked in academic projects/industrial attachments for Linear Programming
- Excellent communication and interaction skills
Energy Market Company Pte Ltd
Energy Market Company Pte Ltd (EMC) operates Singapore’s wholesale electricity market – Asia’s first liberalised electricity market. The National Electricity Market of Singapore (NEMS) opened for trading on 1 January 2003.
EMC completes the connection between those who make electricity in Singapore and those who use it. All of Singapore’s electricity is bought and sold through us. EMC is like the stock exchange for electricity, providing the IT systems, the trading environment and the governance for the market.
Energy Market Company is involved with all three areas of the governance process - rule-making, compliance and dispute resolution. The rule-making process is the responsibility of the Rules Change Panel, which is appointed by the EMC Board. The Market Assessment Unit of EMC provides support to both the Market Surveillance and Compliance Panel and the Dispute Resolution and Compensation Panel.
We are committed to working with market participants to ensure a transparent, professional and cost-effective market. We have a bright and enthusiastic team, combining the skills and experiences of experts from Singapore and throughout the world.