Market Analyst (Operations)
The Market Analyst is responsible for fulfilling the market operation obligations in accordance with the Energy Market rules. The scope of responsibilities includes performing analysis of market outcomes, support settlement operation duties and risk management, provision of market performance reporting and routine data request, administration of standing data, managing data subscription, and improving business operation processes.
- Perform daily price sanity checks, detailed investigation of abnormal cases and perform re-runs of these cases where applicable, including weekends and public holidays.
- Perform market settlement operation duties which includes daily settlements, issuing of invoices, handling of notice of disagreements (NOD), market queries and bank reconciliation in an efficient, accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor market participants’ trading exposures vigilantly and accurately and take actions accordingly and timely in accordance with the market rules.
- Ensure that publication of market schedules in both real time and look ahead regime, and settlement results are done accurately and on a timely basis.
- Prepare data, analyse and report on market performance on a periodic basis by providing informative statistical charts and analytical market commentaries advising on pricing trends, pricing incidents and market outlook.
- Ensure all standing data maintained in the Market Clearing Engine (MCE) for modelling the physical power system with respect to its generation, transmission and load facilities are accurate and on a timely basis.
- Fulfil market registration for settlements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Establish, review and maintain business procedures in the derivation and update of the standing data used by the MCE and Settlements .
- Involve in preparation of Performance Measurement System (PMS) monitoring, Incident and Rule Breach Reporting.
- Assist in fulfilling routine and ad-hoc data requirement particularly from the Rule Change Panel and EMA by working closely with the IT department, and actively seek ways to automate manual processes.
- Preparation of daily price checks and 24x7 on-call standby schedule.
- Assist in the preparation of necessary rule breach reports to Legal for submission to Market Assessment.
- Review and update of MPs contact list and preparation of procurement documents.
- Required to be rostered 24x7 on-call standby service to ensure that the market clearing engine inputs reflect any change in system security requirements, investigate price anomalies, address queries or clarifications etc.
- Involve in Business Continuity Plan exercise, Disaster Recovery Plan exercise.
- Review, content manage and maintain the MO section of the corporate and private website.
- Review and update the business process manuals on a periodic basis
- Good degree in Electrical Engineering /Computer Science/ Economics / Business related Degree.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in power system/settlements.
- Knowledge of market, settlements and pricing analysis preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and meticulous in work.
- Good communications (spoken and written) skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office and VBA.
Energy Market Company Pte Ltd
Energy Market Company Pte Ltd (EMC) operates Singapore’s wholesale electricity market – Asia’s first liberalised electricity market. The National Electricity Market of Singapore (NEMS) opened for trading on 1 January 2003.
EMC completes the connection between those who make electricity in Singapore and those who use it. All of Singapore’s electricity is bought and sold through us. EMC is like the stock exchange for electricity, providing the IT systems, the trading environment and the governance for the market.
Energy Market Company is involved with all three areas of the governance process - rule-making, compliance and dispute resolution. The rule-making process is the responsibility of the Rules Change Panel, which is appointed by the EMC Board. The Market Assessment Unit of EMC provides support to both the Market Surveillance and Compliance Panel and the Dispute Resolution and Compensation Panel.
We are committed to working with market participants to ensure a transparent, professional and cost-effective market. We have a bright and enthusiastic team, combining the skills and experiences of experts from Singapore and throughout the world.