Assistant Lead Engineer
Set system administration processes
- Establish goals and priorities, design, planning, day-to-day operation, maintenance, and advanced troubleshooting of systems
- Align system administration with overall strategic IT service direction and business needs
- Assist with the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for spending and initiatives
- Anticipate internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues
- Develop policies, procedures, and controls to ensure system security
Develop New Systems
- Partner with stakeholders to recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration
- Define systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Prepare for system expansion by studying plans and requirements
- Oversee the design, maintenance and implementation of the systems
- Prioritise tasks to ensure projects are implemented in accordance with project plans and budgets
Optimise Systems Performance
- Recommend process, product or service improvements, resource optimisation and cost savings
- Oversee hardware and software upgrades
- Recommend new technologies, methodologies, systems or opportunities for cost savings, security and service quality improvement
- Oversee team management including budgets, forecasting, work allocations and staffing
- Develop staff through ongoing coaching, mentoring and career discussions
- Define common goals, direction and accountability among staff
- Drive effective performance management practices within department in accordance with company policies and procedures
Requirements / Qualifications
- Experience in data centre operations with some basic network support.
- Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience in healthcare applications preferred.
- Certification in MCSE preferred.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
Integrated Health Information Systems (IHIS)
IHiS (pronounced as i-his) is a multi-award-winning healthcare IT leader that digitises, connects, and analyses Singapore's health ecosystem. Its ultimate aim is to improve the Singapore population's health and health administration by integrating intelligent, highly resilient, and cost effective technologies with process and people.
Transforming healthcare through smart technology, IHiS has garnered more than 80 awards for its innovations. It supports more than 50,000 healthcare users in Singapore's health ecosystem through the application of clinical informatics, computer science, data science, mechatronics, standards based IT that enables information exchange and cross boundary workflows, analysis, statistical and machine learning techniques to discover insights.