Assistant Lead Engineer
The Systems Engineer undertakes complex projects related to systems provisioning, installations, configurations as well as monitoring and maintenance. He/She applies highly developed specialist knowledge and skills in systems administration and works toward continuous optimisation of systems performance. He implements systems improvements and instructs other IT staff in the resolution of complex issues. He is required to be on standby with on-call availability with varied shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. He is able to quickly and effectively solve issues as they arise. He is able to methodically identify the cause of the issue, evaluate it and develop a solution in collaboration with the team. He communicates effectively and displays high level of service standards.
Execute Systems Administration Service Levels
- Monitor systems performance and usage, including response times
- Supervise backups, optimisation, initiation of recovery procedures and routine troubleshooting
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure systems integrity and security
- Determine the systems’ short- and long-term requirements
- Manage systems report production
Advise on System Capabilities
- Advise senior leaders on system concepts and functional capabilities
- Provide technical advice to the team and clients on installation, setup, configuration of systems
- Interpret internal or external business issues and recommends solutions/best practices
- Implement plans to make systems available to users in a shared, secure and controlled manner
Develop New Systems
- Lead the development of new systems as per the system requirements
- Design security and integrity controls
- Conduct new systems testing and implementation
- Define the system maintenance procedures
- Analyse the use of new systems to identify enhancement needs
- Lead research initiatives for the development of advanced and automated approaches for system administration
Optimise systems performance
- Seek opportunities to optimise the delivery of systems services with emphasis on availability, reliability, scalability, and security
- Conduct regular system audits and upgrades
- Develop automated processes to define, measure, and report on service quality, stability and capacity
- Oversee the assessment of risks to systems
- Identify complex system issues to provide advisory to the stakeholders
- Investigate cause of systems issues
- Resolve complex issues
- Provide escalation support for issues presented by the user
Job Requirements :
- At least 8 years experience in data centre operations supporting Wintel system. Solid experience in server virtualization technology, e.g. VMWare. Familiar with the latest virtualization and Windows technology.
- Strong in PowerShell and other scripting language. Proven track record on leveraging the scripting knowledge for automation and process improvement.
- Strong communications skills with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience in healthcare applications preferred.
- Certification in MCSE preferred. Possession of ITSM knowledge will be added advantage.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
Integrated Health Information Systems (IHIS)
IHiS (pronounced as i-his) is a multi-award-winning healthcare IT leader that digitises, connects, and analyses Singapore's health ecosystem. Its ultimate aim is to improve the Singapore population's health and health administration by integrating intelligent, highly resilient, and cost effective technologies with process and people.
Transforming healthcare through smart technology, IHiS has garnered more than 80 awards for its innovations. It supports more than 50,000 healthcare users in Singapore's health ecosystem through the application of clinical informatics, computer science, data science, mechatronics, standards based IT that enables information exchange and cross boundary workflows, analysis, statistical and machine learning techniques to discover insights.