Senior Systems Engineer (Ref : 0665)
- Perform Storage administration such as health-check, problem resolution, configuration, storage LUN provisioning, SAN switch Zoning and performance tuning for SAN and NAS.
- Develop methodologies and best practices in implementing storage opertions for Mission Critical Database Systems (eg MS SQL, Oracle,DB2).
- Ownership of root cause analysis related to incidents and Investigation into root cause using available information, leveraging vendor knowledge and support, and creation of remediation plans to rectify the problem.
- Creation and update operational, configuration, and performance health check processes and procedures.
- Creation of run-books for work done by L1 & L2 operational teams periodically.
- Assessment of compliance with IT control policies, and creation and on-time execution of remediation plans for gaps identified
- Manages small-scale technical projects including evaluation of potential solutions and make recommendations to resolve business problems with appropriate technology and improve operations support
- Provide support and direction to team members, other IT staffs, and business stake holders for problem solving in area of expertise.
- Perform Backup administration using Veritas Netbackup and other backup tools.
- Must be a team player with at least 5 years’ experience in Storage & Backup technologies and virtualized environment management
- Experience of managing 24x7 operations for mission-critical services.
- Ability to think out of the box and work independently, Ability to test / implement and maintain Storage solutions, Ability to understand integration points with existing infrastructure and systems
- Good knowledge of Windows server platform, knowledge of Unix/Solaris/Linux & VMware platform
- Experience in working on multiple storage products preferably Hitachi, PureStorage, EMC, Isilon NAS, Cisco MDS and Brocade SAN Switches
- Experience in working with Data Protection using Veritas Netbackup and other backup tools.
- Knowledge of working with Veritas Appliance, EMC Data domain disk storage and Tape library like Quantum, StorageTek
- Strong technical IT operations background in server virtualization, disaster recovery, server backups and storage management
- Strong knowledge in hardware & systems software, clustering solutions, enterprise SAN, server and storage virtualization technologies, Local & Remote Replication and High Availability Mechanisms.
- Certifications in Backup and Storage management will be an advantage
- Certification in ITIL
Integrated Health Information Systems (IHIS)
IHiS (pronounced as i-his) is a multi-award-winning healthcare IT leader that digitises, connects, and analyses Singapore's health ecosystem. Its ultimate aim is to improve the Singapore population's health and health administration by integrating intelligent, highly resilient, and cost effective technologies with process and people.
Transforming healthcare through smart technology, IHiS has garnered more than 80 awards for its innovations. It supports more than 50,000 healthcare users in Singapore's health ecosystem through the application of clinical informatics, computer science, data science, mechatronics, standards based IT that enables information exchange and cross boundary workflows, analysis, statistical and machine learning techniques to discover insights.