Senior Systems Engineer
Job Responsibilities :
The Security Engineer performs real-time analysis and trending of security log data from various security devices and systems. He/She maintains data sources feeding the log monitoring system, develops and maintains detection and alerting rules. He responds to user incident reports and evaluates the type and severity of security events. He executes initial triage of incidents to rule out false positives. He documents incidents and develops reports. He identifies recurring security issues and risks and develops mitigation plans and recommends process improvements. He interprets and applies security policies and procedures. He is required to be on standby with on-call availability with varied shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. He is diligent and takes an analytical approach to perform real-time analyses. He is skilled in synthesising trends and insights, and is confident in putting forth creative mitigation plans and solutions to security incidents.
Monitor security systems
- Perform audits, reviews, security control assessments, and tests of security operations based on established schedules
- Perform real time analysis and trending of security log data from various security systems
- Analyse security event data to identify suspicious and malicious activity
- Provide inputs to improve security monitoring rules and alerts
- Document processes related to security monitoring
Maintain security operations
- Implement security protocols
- Create emergency response procedures
- Maintain data sources feeding the log monitoring system
- Schedule security checks in accordance with reporting schedules
- Prepare periodic status reports for presentation to management
Respond to security incidents
- Review security incident reports
- Evaluate the type and severity of security events
- Assist with establishing procedures for handling detected security events
- Provide status updates during the life cycle of an incident
- Create final incident report detailing the events of the incident
- Support the maintenance and update of business recovery/contingency plans and/or procedures
Provide user support
- Respond to user requests for technical assistance
- Assess incident severity
- Set clear user expectations on issue resolution
- Update users on changes in status during issue resolution
- Manage user accounts
- Technical clarity and understanding of Firewalls, VPN, IPS, IDS, Two Factor Authentication, Active Directory, Internet Proxies, Anti Virus and Perimeter Security principles including log review and analysis (must have worked extensively on at least one product in each of these).
- Experience with TCP/IP networking protocols.
- Knowledge in security patching, software installation, network/system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic security concepts and policies.
- Experience with vendor and service level management.
- Experience in the following areas: operating system security, database security, network security, firewalls, computer security Incident response, vulnerability scanning, SAP, LDAP and PKI.
- Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent.
Integrated Health Information Systems (IHIS)
IHiS (pronounced as i-his) is a multi-award-winning healthcare IT leader that digitises, connects, and analyses Singapore's health ecosystem. Its ultimate aim is to improve the Singapore population's health and health administration by integrating intelligent, highly resilient, and cost effective technologies with process and people.
Transforming healthcare through smart technology, IHiS has garnered more than 80 awards for its innovations. It supports more than 50,000 healthcare users in Singapore's health ecosystem through the application of clinical informatics, computer science, data science, mechatronics, standards based IT that enables information exchange and cross boundary workflows, analysis, statistical and machine learning techniques to discover insights.