Senior Systems Engineer
Role and Responsibilities :
The Assoc Systems Engineer performs routine systems administration-related activities. He/She ensures systems operate in a manner that meets business needs and system improvements are successfully implemented. He assists with implementing remedial actions in the event of system failures or breakdowns. He maximises service uptime, maintains system backups, manages service licensing and maintains security standards. He is required to be on standby with on-call availability with varied shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. He exhibits excellent attention to detail and is meticulous in the execution of tasks assigned to him. He has a passion for problem-solving and relishes the opportunity to take on new challenges. He communicates effectively and displays high levels of service standards.
Execute Systems Administration Service Levels
- Administer system components with the goal of meeting performance and usage requirements
- Perform maintenance, installation, setup and configuration of systems
- Monitor the integrity of the systems to ensure availability to users in a secure and controlled manner
- Conduct system backups, optimisation, initiation of recovery procedures and routine troubleshooting
- Liaise with relevant parties to meet installation priorities and prevent disruption of service
- Produce systemic and/or ad hoc reports
Develop New Systems
- Assist with the development of new systems as per the system requirements
- Implement systems security and integrity controls
- Assist with new system testing and implementation
- Assist with piloting of new tools, technologies, and/or processes
Optimise Systems Performance
- Perform ongoing optimisation of system components such as updates and upgrades
- Conduct technical research for software and hardware upgrades
- Maintain documentation of all conducted system optimisation activities
- Track key operational metrics, including performance, utilisation, throughput, capacity etc.
- Gather performance and data usage statistics for capacity planning and reporting
- Use prescribed guidelines or policies to analyse and resolve problems
- Solve faults occurring in the operation of hardware and software
- Perform systems repairs
- Create systems documentation which records modifications and developments carried out
- Maintain technical documentation including systems structures, system requirements, process flows, operating procedures and management guidelines
Requirements / Qualifications :
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineer or a related subject
- Project management is preferred
Integrated Health Information Systems (IHIS)
IHiS (pronounced as i-his) is a multi-award-winning healthcare IT leader that digitises, connects, and analyses Singapore's health ecosystem. Its ultimate aim is to improve the Singapore population's health and health administration by integrating intelligent, highly resilient, and cost effective technologies with process and people.
Transforming healthcare through smart technology, IHiS has garnered more than 80 awards for its innovations. It supports more than 50,000 healthcare users in Singapore's health ecosystem through the application of clinical informatics, computer science, data science, mechatronics, standards based IT that enables information exchange and cross boundary workflows, analysis, statistical and machine learning techniques to discover insights.