The Network Engineer supports and maintains infrastructure operations; monitors infrastructure performance and resolution of technical problems. He/She help to leads high impact projects, prioritises and assigns tasks to ensure that team’s resources are used effectively and that infrastructure projects are implemented in accordance with plans and budgets. He identifies and resolves highly complex or specialised issues that may require the establishment of new techniques and processes. He anticipates internal and/or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; recommends improvements. He is required to be on standby with on-call availability with varied shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. He applies a critical and analytical approach to resolving technical problems. He works well with his team and is able to guide them to ensure infrastructure projects are well implemented.
Assist with infrastructure planning and design
- Assist with the planning and design of infrastructure systems
- Assist with the documentation of infrastructure design and planning activities and decisions
Support infrastructure operations
- Perform infrastructure operations activities such as installations of infrastructure systems according to design specifications
- Align infrastructure operations with agreed service agreement standards
- Perform activities related to ongoing maintenance of infrastructure
- Assist with the implementation of agreed infrastructure changes and maintenance routines
Optimise infrastructure performance
- Perform ongoing tuning and optimisation of infrastructure hardware and software components such as updates and upgrades
- Participate in infrastructure development activities
- Assist with infrastructure testing and implementation
- Gather performance and data usage statistics for capacity planning and reporting
- Assist with piloting of new tools, technologies, and/or processes
- Perform problem/issue identification and resolution
- Assist with simulation of user problems to resolve operating difficulties
- Follow up with users to ensure problem has been resolved
- Recommend system modifications to reduce user problems
Job Requirements :
- Diploma or Degree in IT with 3-5 years of network experience.
- Good technical cum resource management skills.
- Some Experience in Network Architecture and Design.
- Some technical experience with F5 LTM/GTM
- Hands on technical experience preferred with internetworking operations including WAN operations (e.g. DNS, SSL, Virtualization), Network Protocols, TCP/IP, OSI Model, network hardware.
- Relevant exposure to Network Security (e.g. Web Application Security, AAA, VPN, DDoS) will be beneficial
- Able to work under limited or little instructions on routine work
- Able to write approval papers.
- CCNA and ITIL certified preferred
Integrated Health Information Systems (IHIS)
IHiS (pronounced as i-his) is a multi-award-winning healthcare IT leader that digitises, connects, and analyses Singapore's health ecosystem. Its ultimate aim is to improve the Singapore population's health and health administration by integrating intelligent, highly resilient, and cost effective technologies with process and people.
Transforming healthcare through smart technology, IHiS has garnered more than 80 awards for its innovations. It supports more than 50,000 healthcare users in Singapore's health ecosystem through the application of clinical informatics, computer science, data science, mechatronics, standards based IT that enables information exchange and cross boundary workflows, analysis, statistical and machine learning techniques to discover insights.