Desktop/ Notebook/Corporate Handset – User support:
- Handle all rollout of Desktops, Notebooks and Corporate Handsets, be it new or replacement, following a standard defined hardware and software configuration listed by Customer.
- Unpacking of individual components. Assembling and configuring systems according to Customer specifications.
- Carry out ad hoc request, such as relocation, replacement, removal or upgrade of feature/ components for existing systems located in Customer and its Affiliate’s office.
- Schedule, coordinate and fulfill the End User request with minimal interruption to business operation and follow up with acknowledgement from End User on request implementation.
- Perform system verification testing, including testing of operation-system functions, printer drivers, etc.
- Ensure all LAN functionalities are operational.
- Filing of vendor-provided operations manual or other documentation in designated filing area.
- To keep all IT equipment and peripherals at the designated staging or storage area.
- Update asset information into the asset management system following any changes
- Assuming the role of single point-of-contact for End Users with regards to IT-related problems or requests.
- Provide 1st level problem support and assist End Users to determine whether a problem is hardware, Operating System, application software, LAN device / media, network connection, or user related.
- Provide basic usage advice on off-the-shelf applications.
- For in-house and non-Microsoft applications, IT Professional will provide 1st level problem determination and resolved the problem based on Customer documentation or checklists.
- Whenever possible, try to resolve the End User problem by accessing their computer remotely, guiding End User with clear precise instructions.
- Helpdesk will escalate issues, problem or requests to the Customer designated administrators’ attention if unable to resolve at Helpdesk Level.
- Forward unresolved problem or request to the proper channel of support by contacting the Customer’s vendors or service providers and track the progress. If the Customer’s vendors or service providers are unable to resolve the matter within the agreed service level agreement timeline, the IT Professional shall inform the Customer’s administrator.
- Provide update to End User on the status of the problem or request raised by them.
- Log each End Users calls and track the progress until resolution and document the resolution in the Helpdesk Case Management System.
- Perform daily routine checks:i) Email Test to ensure Exchange Servers are operational. ii) Ping Test to all Service Stations and Servers. iii) Run and monitor daily / monthly backup job status.
Asset Management/ Tracking:
IT Professional shall update asset changes in the Asset Management System, which include:-
- Performing an inventory of Customer and its Affiliates’ hardware, software, printers, operating systems and management system to validate or establish the baseline asset inventory.
- Ensuring any changes in the definition, status, location, ownership, and any other details as may be determined by Customer are captured and incorporated in the asset tracking database throughout the life cycle from procurement through disposal.
IoTalents Pte. Ltd.
We are an online community and platform for Hirers and IT Workforce (Employees, Contract workers and Virtual Talents) to intelligently connect and transact. We are experts in delivering niche candidates in an extremely prompt and professional fashion. We do so through a precise combination of data science and human judgement.
We are a HR Tech start up building useful recruitment technologies: profiling technologies, algorithmic matching and talent mapping to guarantee success. Our team is also immensely passionate about the trend on the Contingent Workforce model and believes that the exploding shared economy of global IT talents will reshape the workforce of the future.
IoTalents, a contemporary recruitment and HR Tech company connecting tech talents and ready for the future of IT recruitment!