- Installing and maintaining operating environments.
- Monitoring these operating environments.
- Responding effectively and speedily to any problems.
- Maintaining a professional demeanor with clients and colleagues.
- Providing support to users
- Ensuring operating environments stay safe and secure.
- Updating any software and hardware where necessary.
- Documenting all reported malfunctions and actions taken in response.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Must know how to use database systems management software, enterprise resource planning software, and web platform development software.
Deep body of knowledge and a wide variety of hard and soft skills to go about their work. These include:
- Software knowledge – IT infrastructure engineers work with a variety of software. A working knowledge of how these various systems interact virtually helps the engineer conduct rapid troubleshooting
- Hardware knowledge – routers, servers, PCs, printers, and other equipment all fall under the IT infrastructure engineer’s purview. The engineer also knows how to manage LANs and wired/wireless networks to connect these devices
- Problem-solving skills – getting many pieces of hardware and software to work in harmony is an ongoing and challenging task. Strong deductive reasoning and patience serve engineers well here
- Customer service – infrastructure engineers tend to work with internal rather than external partners. Communicating well with these “customers” helps the engineer resolve outages quickly and build strong working relationships
- Teaching ability – engineers may need to explain complex technical concepts to nontechnical colleagues and train them to use software and hardware
- Organization skills – whether keeping cable sprawl to a minimum, documenting their work, or prioritizing requests for support, IT infrastructure engineers need to stay organized to keep on top of their tasks
IoTalents Pte. Ltd.
We are an online community and platform for Hirers and IT Workforce (Employees, Contract workers and Virtual Talents) to intelligently connect and transact. We are experts in delivering niche candidates in an extremely prompt and professional fashion. We do so through a precise combination of data science and human judgement.
We are a HR Tech start up building useful recruitment technologies: profiling technologies, algorithmic matching and talent mapping to guarantee success. Our team is also immensely passionate about the trend on the Contingent Workforce model and believes that the exploding shared economy of global IT talents will reshape the workforce of the future.
IoTalents, a contemporary recruitment and HR Tech company connecting tech talents and ready for the future of IT recruitment!