MYSQL Database Administrator
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be working closely with our technology experts, and have the chance to be mentored by our CTO. Data is paramount in IT systems today, and the efficiency and speed of an application largely depends on how efficient the data model is, coupled with expert database tuning skills. You will be working with a team of high performance individuals and technologists, and will be a key member of the transformation team.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate is expected to perform the following duties:
- Setup and configure databases in highly-available cluster across multiple availability zones on AWS or Azure.
- Implement the application data model as part of the database configuration.
- General database management, including setting up archival and indexing as needed to improve the performance of the system.
- Work with application/solution teams with database scripting as needed.
- Work with business and application/solution teams to implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual/logical/physical data models.
- Define and govern data modelling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models.
- Identify the architecture, infrastructure, and interfaces to data sources, tools supporting automated data loads, security concerns, analytic models, and data visualization.
- Hands-on modelling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, and sandbox POC.
EXPERIENCE AND PERSONALITY IDEALS
- At least 4 years of hands-on relational, dimensional, and/or analytic experience (using RDBMS, dimensional, NoSQL data platform technologies, and ETL and data ingestion protocols).
- Strong understanding of applications/development, quality assurance and integration methodologies, concepts and facilities in a cloud environment.
- Experience with data warehouse, data lake, and enterprise big data platforms in multi-data-centre contexts required.
- Good knowledge of metadata management, data modelling, and related tools (Erwin or ER Studio or others) required.
- Strong analysis, decision-making, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates logical abstract thinking and assimilating/adhering to project goals and deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors etc.
- Resourceful and able to manage your own work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure and as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Know how to have fun in challenging situations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Infocomm Technology/Data Science would be advantageous.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken required.
- Singapore citizen or PR (we apologise that no quota for pass holder at the moment)
IoTalents Pte. Ltd.
We are an online community and platform for Hirers and IT Workforce (Employees, Contract workers and Virtual Talents) to intelligently connect and transact. We are experts in delivering niche candidates in an extremely prompt and professional fashion. We do so through a precise combination of data science and human judgement.
We are a HR Tech start up building useful recruitment technologies: profiling technologies, algorithmic matching and talent mapping to guarantee success. Our team is also immensely passionate about the trend on the Contingent Workforce model and believes that the exploding shared economy of global IT talents will reshape the workforce of the future.
IoTalents, a contemporary recruitment and HR Tech company connecting tech talents and ready for the future of IT recruitment!