Senior Database Engineer (Permanent)
- Hardware (firmware)/ Software Version upgrade, patch fixes, security updates feasibility study and recommendation (inclusive of testing, change management and rollout)
- Manage DRP/BCP procedures (DRP is Disaster Recovery Plan and BCP is Business Continuity Plan)
- Provide 24x7 operation support plan after the project implementation phase
- Work with Application team and various internal teams during application and database deployments
- Identify the dependencies and interfaces between systems, networks, applications and databases to meet the applications and systems Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Ability to analyse the issues/observations between systems, networks, applications and databases, and logically deduce possible root cause during troubleshooting
- Support periodic audit review exercises by providing the required information and to perform the remediation actions to close all audit findings
- Perform 24x7 on-call standby duties (average 1 week per month) and after-hours (on-call) emergency work as scheduled or required.
- Degree in IT or Computer Science
- Oracle Certified Professional (11g/12c)
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
- Minimum 2 years’ in managing project resources or external vendors
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in supporting, maintaining and implementing 24x7 mission-critical Oracle 11g/12c databases as well as RAC solutions
- Experience in implementation and hands-on support of multi-tier data protection techniques for Oracle data replication (i.e. Oracle Data Guard, Quest Shareplex), RMAN
- Minimum 3 years’ hands-on operations work in setting up Oracle databases with application interfaces
- Hands-on experience in implementing security setup and controls on mission-critical database
- Working knowledge of UNIX systems, DRP (disaster recovery plan); BCP (business continuity plan
- Good understanding of the SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) concept
- Ability to translate business requirements and needs into database and applications technical requirements
- Self-starter, independent, mature and responsible
Interested candidates please send your CV to [email protected]
IoTalents Pte. Ltd.
We are an online community and platform for Hirers and IT Workforce (Employees, Contract workers and Virtual Talents) to intelligently connect and transact. We are experts in delivering niche candidates in an extremely prompt and professional fashion. We do so through a precise combination of data science and human judgement.
We are a HR Tech start up building useful recruitment technologies: profiling technologies, algorithmic matching and talent mapping to guarantee success. Our team is also immensely passionate about the trend on the Contingent Workforce model and believes that the exploding shared economy of global IT talents will reshape the workforce of the future.
IoTalents, a contemporary recruitment and HR Tech company connecting tech talents and ready for the future of IT recruitment!