Data Center Operator
Roles & Responsibilities
- Minimum GCE ‘O’ Level holder or diploma, preferably in Information Technology discipline, or equivalent required
- Applicant with minimum of 3 to 5 years’ Data Center experience and supporting multi-vendor environment preferred
- Experience in BMC Control-M Batch Scheduler and Veritas Netbackup preferred
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to multi-task in an efficient manner
- Applicant with knowledge of Sun Solaris, HP UX, MS Windows and Microsoft Office mandatory
- Familiar with hardware/software components and terminology preferred
- Experience in analyzing hardware and software problems and making quick diagnosis preferred
- Must be willing to work in a rotating shift and additional hours to support the team as required, including major public holidays
- Strong ethics, integrity and genuine concern for the needs of others. Must be a team player
- Applicant with customer service background desired but not a must
- Ability to work in a team environment, and also able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Good initiatives, proactive with good command of spoken and written English
- Batch Job Management
- Ensure Daily Batch Jobs for Billing and Revenue Collection are executed correctly and on time using a Enterprise Batch Scheduling tool.
- Monitor the progress of jobs execution and escalation to Application Support when necessary.
- Provide 1st Level Incident Management/Troubleshooting and act as point of contact with Banks and Merchants to resolve issues.
- Ensure batch processing is on schedule and monitor all system and batch jobs status.
- Respond to all user enquiries regarding system functionalities or billing and payment processing.
- Participate in UAT to ensure that new job function(s) are adhered to defined standards and specification.
- Tape Backup and Management
- Ensure daily tape backup are executed as scheduled and completed successfully.
- Provide 1st Level Incident management/troubleshooting and escalate to engineering support when necessary.
- Provide backup jobs status/progress monitoring.
- Facility Management
- Ensure Data Centre is operationally 24 x 7.
- Responsible for physical security of the Data Center as defined in the Corporate Security Policy and standards.
- Ensure Data Centre air conditioning units, lights and temperature are functional and within normal operational standards.
- Work as part of a team providing coverage on a 7 day a week, 24 hour per day (24/7) basis including public holidays, on a 12 hour rotating shift basis.
- Remote Hand Service
- Provide vendor escorting service when in StarHub secured facilities.
- Provide basic cabling support like loose cable verification, connecting pre-laid cable – patching, etc.
- Provide visual checks and verifications of equipment (power cycle, equipment indicators, inspection of equipment, hardware reset.)
- Provide basic checks on environmental conditions in the Data Centre.
- Provide basic data media loading/unloading.
- Provide hardware replacement of systems (parts replacement – interface card & installation, slotting/removal of blades/line cards, movement of equipments).
- Assist in the loading/unloading of tapes to StarHub Tape Library using an enterprise backup application.
- Assist in the labelling of Tape media.
- Keep inventories of the movement of tape using TMS (Tape Management System).
McITs Technologies Pte Ltd
McITs Technologies is a well established IT Management Consulting, Software Development, ERP, IT Security & consulting, Infrastructure Services, and Datacenter Solution providers in Asia.
We had have been serving hundreds of customers in and around Asia.
Over the years, we have developed core expertise in Information Security, IT infrastructure services, ERP consulting & implementation as well software development to provide our clients with a single point of contact to empower their biz requirements.
With our team of highly experienced industry veterans and talented subject matter experts you can trust on us with confidence