Executive, Research Management (Office of Education Research)
- Ensure research grant administration policies and guidelines are in accordance with the research grant funding agencies’ and institute’s regulations
- Support the administration of research grant processes, including performing administrative, research grant budgetary and compliance checks and liaising with various units and departments
- Communicate and advise research teams on research grant processes and guidelines, project human resource and financial administration guidelines.
- Assist in research grant process testing and improvement of online research grants operation management system
- Support post-award research grant processes such as project amendment requests, collation of data collection sites, project progress and final reports submission
- Support the unit in recording minutes and notes for committees and/or meetings and providing logistical support
- Assist in Research Integrity and Data Management Matters
- Assist in tracking submission status, progress, KPIs and generate reports for management and stakeholders
- Maintain the project management resources site, project databases, records and documents
- Assist with any other duties as and when assigned
- A Polytechnic Diploma
- Preferably with 2 years of working experience in research grant and/or project management in an educational institution
- Good communication and written skills, able to communicate professionally and work with faculty and staff across various administrative units
- Good interpersonal skills with service orientated personality
- Good numerical skills and meticulous
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Able to maintain high standards of confidentiality of sensitive materials
- Able to monitor compliance in policies and uphold governance of policies
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Able to learn fast, multi-task and work within tight deadlines
- IT savvy, proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
NIE staff can take chartered buses at their own expense from or near their home to the NIE campus. This is subject to the availability of seats.
Nanyang Technological University
A research-intensive public university, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU Singapore) has 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in engineering, business, science, humanities, arts, social sciences, education and medicine. NTU’s Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine was established jointly with Imperial College London.
NTU was placed 11th globally in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings in 2019. It was again placed the world’s best young university (under 50 years old) by QS for the sixth consecutive year in 2019. In addition, NTU was named the world’s fastest rising young university by Times Higher Education in 2015.
NTU’s campus is frequently listed among the Top 15 most beautiful university campuses in the world and has 57 Green Mark-certified (equivalent to LEED-certified) building projects comprising more than 230 buildings, of which 95% are certified Green Mark Platinum.
NTU is home to world-class autonomous institutes - the National Institute of Education, S Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Earth Observatory of Singapore, and Singapore Centre for Environmental Life Sciences Engineering - and various leading research centres such as the Nanyang Environment & Water Research Institute (NEWRI) and Energy Research Institute @ NTU ([email protected]).
Besides its 200-ha (500-acre) lush green campus in the western part of Singapore, NTU also has a second campus in the heart of Novena, Singapore’s medical district.
A cosmopolitan hub of more than 100 nationalities, the NTU community comprises about 5,000 faculty and researchers.