Senior Systems Analyst
Role and Responsibilities
The Assoc Business Analyst assists with modifying, enhancing or adapting existing or proposed systems within an organisation with the purpose of improving business efficiency and productivity. He/She examines and documents technical requirements for new solutions to be created, analyses user needs and participates in the integration of new features or improvements. He involves in systems development process, contributes to defining technical product specifications and configures and tests products and solutions. He develops documentation and guides for the use of systems. He has a thirst for knowledge and is eager to learn and solve problems within the area of systems analysis. He is an active team player who forms relationships and communicates with others effectively to support the delivery of optimal solutions as a team.
Identify business needs
- Support in the liaison with business stakeholders to identify business needs
- Support the in-depth analysis of the business requirements specifications and feasibility studies on possible solutions
- Provide analysis to support the development of business cases
- Conduct analysis on the risk vs. benefits for the proposed solutions
Analyse business processes
- Assist with the analysis of existing business processes to identify opportunities
- Support the development of alternative solutions to streamline processes
- Assist with the evaluation of viability and feasibility of possible improvements to processes
- Support the development of reports and strategic analysis of business processes
Translate business requirements into technical specification
- Assist with translating business requirements into functional specifications
- Collaborate with developers to ensure requirements are incorporated into system design
- Function as the liaison between users and technical staff throughout the solution implementation cycle
Facilitate change management
- Create first drafts for technical documentation
- Conduct research to support development of training materials
- Coordinate the schedule for communication and training plans for stakeholders
- Act as the first point of contact for users to resolve simple queries
- Support in the project delivery
- Monitor progress against schedule
• Maintain project documentation
Requirements / Qualifications
- Successful track record in enterprise application support, user and vendor liaison and as a project lead for small to mid-scale projects.
- Experience in Unix/Linux environment, Oracle Database SQL Queries, Java, XML, web service, and ETL.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
- Experience in healthcare industry and enterprise application integration is an added advantage
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
Integrated Health Information Systems (IHIS)
IHiS (pronounced as i-his) is a multi-award-winning healthcare IT leader that digitises, connects, and analyses Singapore's health ecosystem. Its ultimate aim is to improve the Singapore population's health and health administration by integrating intelligent, highly resilient, and cost effective technologies with process and people.
Transforming healthcare through smart technology, IHiS has garnered more than 80 awards for its innovations. It supports more than 50,000 healthcare users in Singapore's health ecosystem through the application of clinical informatics, computer science, data science, mechatronics, standards based IT that enables information exchange and cross boundary workflows, analysis, statistical and machine learning techniques to discover insights.