Senior System Engineer (Wintel)
- Able to independently troubleshoot and debug complex Wintel issues involving Windows (Win2008r2/2012/2016) platform, VMware hypervisor and EMC Storages (VNX/VPLEX);
- Engage in the maintenance and support activities, which include perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner;
- Work with end users, architects and team lead in developing Systems Infrastructure related configurations based on requirements;
- Evaluate Systems architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Coordinate with vendors and support team on problem resolution, implementation issues and upgrades;
- Self-motivated with a positive “can-do” attitude, passionate on problem solving and willingness in picking up new skillsets;
- Willing to be on 24 x 7 stand-by for service contract and maintenance services in rotating basis;
- Create and maintain relevant documentation including Standard Operating Procedures for all platforms and processes;
- Identify and report operational risks to Team Leader/Delivery Manager;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of disaster recovery and availability plans;
- Participate in disaster recovery planning and testing activities.
- Minimum 5 years of System Administration hands on experience
- Minimum 3 years of SAN & NAS hands on experience
- Good troubleshooting skills for Wintel Systems, Knowledge in hardening and securing of Wintel Systems
- Responsible for new Windows based Systems Infrastructure project implementations
- Provide support and handle all Systems Infrastructure related issues
- Manages, support and maintain of customers’ infrastructure including:
- Cisco UCS Blade Servers
- HPE Servers
- Dell Servers
- vSphere ESXi Clusters
- Microsoft Clustering Technology
- SAN Switches and EMC SAN Storage (VPLEX/VNX)
- EMC Backup Systems
- Provide design, planning and updating documentation of Systems Infrastructure specific to customer’s requirements
- Candidate needs to possess excellent diagnostics skills and good ability to resolve problems quickly.
- Candidate must possess strong technical competence in the fundamentals of troubleshooting hardware/software along with the people skills needed to successfully support the growing needs of client and project management in infrastructure setup.
- Good understanding on ITIL processes
Candidates having Certifications in the following products would be added advantage:
- Microsoft MCSA/MCSE
- VMware VCP/VCAP
- Red Hat RHCSA/RHCE
CTC Global Pte Ltd
Since our inception in 1972, CTC Global Pte Ltd (formerly known as CSA, followed by CSC Automated) has grown to become a premier end to end IT solutions provider in Singapore.
CTC Global Singapore is a wholly owned subsidiary of ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corporation (CTC) and ITOCHU Corporation. ITOCHU Corporation is among the largest conglomerates in Japan, and a majority shareholder in CTC who is listed on the Tokyo stock exchange with USD3.56 billion in annual sales.
Headed by an experienced management team and staffed by over 200 qualified IT professionals, CTC Global Singapore supports organisations throughout Singapore with integrated IT solutions expertise in Big Data Analytics, Cloud computing, Enterprise Mobility, Network, Virtualisation and containers, Security, Hyper-converged infrastructure, Middleware & IOT, Client Computing, Data Management, Information Life Cycle Management & Infrastructure Management.