Senior Principal Analyst (Market Assessment Unit)
The Senior / Principal Analyst will assist the SVP of the MAU to provide the necessary resource and support to the Market Surveillance and Compliance Panel (MSCP), the Dispute Resolution Counsellor (DRC) and the Disputes and Compensation Resolution Panel (DCRP), governance bodies for the wholesale electricity markets of the National Electricity Market of Singapore (NEMS).
The Senior / Principal Analyst (Market Surveillance) will report and assist the SVP of the MAU in supporting the following team functions:
Compliance Investigation and enforcement functions
- To support the MSCP in performing their monitoring, investigation and enforcement functions; - To conduct and develop investigations on non-compliance of the market rules and market manuals, as well as investigations regarding the efficiency and fairness of the wholesale electricity markets; - To provide analysis and strategic enforcement recommendations to the MSCP on market enforcement and as to how inefficiencies or unfairness may be remedied and to draft MSCP determination reports; - To draft MSCP statements to the market (e.g. regarding market observations related to price movements or other market drivers, enforcement, responses to proposed Rule changes, proposed processes on market initiatives, etc.); - To support EMA in assessing the state of competition and efficiency of the wholesale electricity markets. - To develop the MSCP quarterly report on monitoring and compliance; - To develop the MSCP annual report on the wholesale electricity markets which includes an MSCP assessment of the state of competition and the state of compliance in the markets; - To handle communications with market players and the regulator on behalf of the MSCP and build a good working relationship with market players; - To develop and review MSCP papers and review MSCP meeting minutes; - To educate market players as to their compliance obligations under the Singapore Electricity Market Rules; - To provide a secretariat resource to the MSCP; - To conduct briefings and workshops to build up the MSCP’s knowledge to better perform their roles.
Market surveillance and monitoring functions
- To undertake and further develop the market surveillance and monitoring functions by developing and maintaining a process for monitoring breaches of the Singapore Electricity Market Rules and to develop reports with recommendations for the MSCP; - To develop and maintain in-house analytics process to monitor market behaviour and understand and manage data analytics tools to detect market anomalies and promote efficiency in price analysis and statistical report generation; - To develop and undertake appropriate assessment on whether the underlying structure of the wholesale electricity market is consistent with the efficient and fair operation of a competitive market; - To develop and maintain a catalogue of data to be collected from the market, a catalogue of monitoring indices and information requirements to assess the market and assist the regulator with its anti-competition obligations under the Electricity Act; - To conduct industry consultation on the data and monitoring indices catalogues; - To identify and draft proposal for rule changes to improve market efficiency.
Dispute Resolution support functions
-To provide services to the DRC to develop and manage the dispute resolution process in an effective and efficient fashion; - To undertake research on the dispute resolution process in other markets and develop recommendation report to the DRC for improvements on the DR process in Singapore; - To conduct industry consultation process in regards to the dispute resolution rules and the implementation of the rules; - To develop rule change proposals in relation to the dispute resolution process; - To implement changes to the dispute resolution process (e.g. drafting DRC guidance notes; drafting forms and reference documents for the industry); - To set up and administer the process of interaction between the MAU and the DRC/DCRP for handling disputes; - To develop the DRC annual report; - To handle communications (letters and reports) with market players and the regulator on behalf of the DRC and DCRP and build a good working relationship with market players; - To organise and coordinate dispute resolution workshops and forums for the industry to educate market players as to the dispute resolution process and their role under the Singapore Electricity Market Rules; - To provide a secretariat resource to the DRC; - To conduct briefings and workshops to build up the DRCP’s knowledge to better perform their roles
Market Assessment Unit sustained performance improvements
- To undertake research and analysis on points of law, and the position in other markets regarding enforcement, monitoring and market non-compliance investigations; - To maintain relevance and update the MAU SOPs; - To maintaining effective investigation file records and outcomes. - Conducting investigations on non-compliance of the market rules and manuals; - Monitoring and assessing whether the underlying structure of the wholesale electricity markets is consistent with the efficient and fair operation of a competitive market; - Conducting investigations regarding the efficiency and fairness of the wholesale electricity markets and recommend remedial action; - Providing expertise in respect of economic analysis; - Responsible on a day to day basis for service delivery to market players in surveillance and investigation. - Responsible on a day to day basis for service delivery to the MSCP.
- Degree in economics, or Engineering – Economist, Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years in the electricity market Understanding of the electricity market in Singapore and/or other jurisdictions.
- Excellent IT skills for data manipulation, analysis and presentation of information
- MS Office with strong knowledge of Excel and able to work in a complex screen-based environment.
- Strong report writing skills and presentation skills
- Strong analytical ability, with a keen eye for detail
- A team player
- Excellent teamwork skills; able to communicate, co-operate, support, take ownership and challenge appropriately
IoTalents Pte. Ltd.
We are an online community and platform for Hirers and IT Workforce (Employees, Contract workers and Virtual Talents) to intelligently connect and transact. We are experts in delivering niche candidates in an extremely prompt and professional fashion. We do so through a precise combination of data science and human judgement.
We are a HR Tech start up building useful recruitment technologies: profiling technologies, algorithmic matching and talent mapping to guarantee success. Our team is also immensely passionate about the trend on the Contingent Workforce model and believes that the exploding shared economy of global IT talents will reshape the workforce of the future.
IoTalents, a contemporary recruitment and HR Tech company connecting tech talents and ready for the future of IT recruitment!