Senior Systems Engineer
Job Responsibilities :
The Security Engineer supports the monitoring and maintenance of security operations. He/She provides expertise on security technologies and innovative security concepts, and works toward enhancing the resilience of security operations. He coordinates ongoing reviews of existing security programs, protocols and planned upgrades. He establishes escalation processes for security incidents and develops contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures. He focuses on policy implementation and control. He is diligent and watchful in monitoring security operations, systems and activities. He is also a confident individual who can plan and provide solutions to address security incidents and also one who has a passion for engaging others in the team.
Monitor security systems
- Perform audits, reviews, security control assessments, and tests of security operations based on established schedules
- Perform real time analysis and trending of security log data from various security systems
- Analyse security event data to identify suspicious and malicious activity
- Provide inputs to improve security monitoring rules and alerts
- Document processes related to security monitoring
Maintain security operations
- Implement security protocols
- Create emergency response procedures
- Maintain data sources feeding the log monitoring system
- Schedule security checks in accordance with reporting schedules
- Prepare periodic status reports for presentation to management
Maintain security operations
- Provide support for 24 x 7 security operations coverage
- Provide support ongoing reviews of existing security programs/protocols and planned upgrades
- Monitor compliance to security policies, regulations, rules and norms
Respond to security incidents
- Review security incident reports
- Evaluate the type and severity of security events
- Assist with establishing procedures for handling detected security events
- Provide status updates during the life cycle of an incident
- Create final incident report detailing the events of the incident
- Support the maintenance and update of business recovery/contingency plans and/or procedures
Job Requirements :
- Leading a project through a complete project management life cycle will be an advantage.
- Able to build effective work relationships and work independently, showing team leadership with a positive working attitude.
- Able to articulate and leverage on technology to meet organisation’s goals, with a holistic view of technology and business.
- Technical clarity and understanding of Firewalls, VPN, IPS, IDS, Two Factor Authentication, Active Directory, Internet Proxies, Anti Virus and Perimeter Security principles including log review and analysis (must have worked extensively on at least one product in each of these).
- Experience with TCP/IP networking protocols.
- Knowledge in security patching, software installation, network/system troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Knowledge of basic security concepts and policies.
- Experience with vendor and service level management.
- Certification in CISSP/GCIH/GSEC/CISA/CISM will be an advantage.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
Integrated Health Information Systems (IHIS)
IHiS (pronounced as i-his) is a multi-award-winning healthcare IT leader that digitises, connects, and analyses Singapore's health ecosystem. Its ultimate aim is to improve the Singapore population's health and health administration by integrating intelligent, highly resilient, and cost effective technologies with process and people.
Transforming healthcare through smart technology, IHiS has garnered more than 80 awards for its innovations. It supports more than 50,000 healthcare users in Singapore's health ecosystem through the application of clinical informatics, computer science, data science, mechatronics, standards based IT that enables information exchange and cross boundary workflows, analysis, statistical and machine learning techniques to discover insights.